FEMA Provides Aid to Arkansans Affected by Storms and Tornadoes


The counties designated for individual assistance are Craighead, Jackson, Mississippi, Poinsett and Woodruff.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Homeowners and tenants affected by recent tornadoes and severe storms that live in counties of Arkansas who have been designated for individual assistance are now eligible to apply for FEMA assistance.

According to a press release, these designated counties are Craighead, Jackson, Mississippi, Poinsett and Woodruff.

If you have home or tenant insurance, FEMA encourages you to file a claim as soon as possible. FEMA cannot duplicate benefits for losses covered by insurance by law. If you are uninsured or underinsured, you may be able to get federal help.

The fastest and easiest way to apply is to click here.

If it is not possible to apply online, call 800-621-3362. The toll-free lines will operate from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. CST, with the exception of December 24, 25, 31 and January 1 when they will be open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. If you are using a relay service, such as Video Relay Service (VRS), Captioned Telephone Service, or the like, give FEMA the number for that service.

You can also use the FEMA app on your smartphone.

When asking for help, have the following information ready:

  • A current phone number where you can be contacted
  • Your address at the time of the loss and the address where you are currently staying
  • Your social security number, if available
  • A general list of damages and losses
  • If insured, policy number or agent and / or company name

As soon as it is safe to do so, start cleaning. Take photos to document the damage and begin cleaning and repairs to prevent further damage. Keep receipts for all purchases related to cleaning and repairs.

Disaster assistance may include financial assistance for temporary shelter and home repairs as well as other programs to help families recover from the effects of the event.

US Small Business Administration (SBA) low interest disaster loans are available to homeowners, tenants, businesses of all sizes, and most nonprofits. Similar to FEMA, the SBA cannot duplicate benefits for losses covered by insurance.

  • For small enterprises, those engaged in aquaculture and most non-profit organizations: up to $ 2 million is available for working capital needs even if there has been no property damage, with a maximum loan $ 2 million for any combination of property damage and working capital requirements
  • For owners: Up to $ 200,000 is available to repair or replace their primary residence
  • For owners and tenants: Up to $ 40,000 is available to replace personal property, including vehicles

Businesses and residents can apply for low interest disaster loans by clicking here. Applicants can call the SBA at 800-659-2955 or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.


Comments are closed.