!1 new updateClick here for the latest updates
Will soon unveil regulations to ensure safe digital lending: Shaktikanta Das
- Will soon unveil regulations to ensure safe digital lending. Regulating blockchain players requires globally coordinated action, says RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das
- Loan collectors using harsh methods like calling at odd hours, foul language unacceptable, he said.
- He also said that the game of big technologies in finance poses systemic problems such as over-indebtedness.
Convicted godfather Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh granted parole
- Convicted godfather Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh granted parole; stay in Barnawa in the Baghpat of Uttar Pradesh
- He is serving a 20-year prison sentence for raping two female disciples at his ashram in Sirsa.
CBI raided the residence of Rajasthani brother CM Ashok Gehlot
The CBI raided the Jodhpur residence of Agrasen Gehlot, brother of Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot; is now looking at his commercial establishment
India achieves 100% success in getting countries to agree based on guidelines given by PM: Piyush Goyal at WTO
- Very good results have come out of the WTO meeting, we have seen progress on issues that have been long delayed
- Mc12 strengthened multilateralism, giving it a big boost
- Everyone through it would be a failed conference
- The ministerial meeting took place amid challenges like Covid, soured relations between countries, global economic issues, inflation
- Nothing India cares about
India adds 12,847 new Covid cases, 14 deaths; active cases up more than 4,800
- India reported a single-day rise of 12,847 coronavirus infections.
- India also recorded 14 new deaths.
- Active cases now constitute 0.15 percent of total infections, while the cure rate for COVID-19 in the country has been recorded at 98.64 percent, the health ministry said.
- The case fatality rate was 1.21%.
Union Minister Piyush Goyal after the 12th WTO Ministerial Conference in Geneva
I think India got 100% success. There is not a single issue for which we should return to India with any concern.
Protesting against #AgnipathRecruitmentScheme, agitators vandalize Lakhminia station and block train tracks here.
Daily Covid cases in India register marginal increase
India’s daily Covid case count stands at 12,847 in the past 24 hours12,213 cases were reported yesterdayIn the past 24 hours, Ladakh recorded the highest day in over 30 days with 7 new ones Covid-19 cases
The rupee gains 6 paise at the start of the transaction
The Rupee gains 6 paise to 78.04 against the US Dollar in early trading
Daily Covid cases in India register marginal increase
- India’s daily Covid cases stand at 12,847 in past 24 hours, 14 deaths also reported
- 12,213 cases were reported yesterday
- In the past 24 hours, Ladakh recorded the highest day in more than 30 days with 7 new cases of Covid-19
Money laundering case against Satyendar Jain
ED is searching around 10 locations in the National Capital Region in a money laundering case against Delhi minister Satyendar Jain: officials
WTO agrees on all issues, including fisheries subsidies
- After two nights of intense negotiations, members of the World Trade Organization (WTO) are set to announce a package of measures, including a response to Covid and steps to check harmful fishing subsidies
- After a hiatus of about nine years, WTO members have reached a pact — an agreement on fisheries subsidies.
- For the first time, subsidies on overfishing, high seas fishing and illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing have been addressed through the proposed pact.
- It was also agreed to find a definitive solution to the question of maintaining the moratorium on the imposition of customs duties on the electronic transmission of goods by the next WTO Ministerial Conference.
WTO meeting ends with result
WTO ministers reach landmark agreements on food insecurity response, food shopping exemption, WTO pandemic response, TRIPS, e-commerce moratorium and food subsidies the Peach.
Two passenger train carriages set on fire by mob in Bihar
Protesters set fire to the Jammu Tawi – Guwahati Amarnath Express at Mohiuddinagar Railway Station in Bihar; two burnt out cars
Heightened security, drone surveillance in UP today ahead of Friday prayers and “Agnipath” protests
- Strict security measures were taken in major cities of Uttar Pradesh ahead of Friday prayers and protests against the “Agnipath” scheme.
- Drone surveillance will be carried out in sensitive areas.
- As police across the state were put on high alert for Friday prayers, the government deployed additional state and central paramilitary forces as a precautionary measure to contain any sporadic outbursts.
- Special emphasis is placed on safety in Prayagraj, Kanpur, Lucknow, Moradabad and Saharanpur.
- So far, 357 people have been arrested in nine districts for the violence after Friday prayers in some districts on June 10.
Egypt lifts all entry restrictions related to COVID-19
Egypt has lifted all entry restrictions related to COVID-19 for all travelers, whether Egyptian or foreign.
Internet suspended in Ballabhgarh, Article 144 imposed on Palwal
- Mobile internet and SMS services have been suspended in Ballabhgarh.
- The Haryana government has ordered the temporary suspension of mobile internet services, all SMS services and all dongle services provided over mobile networks in the Ballabhgarh area of Faridabad.
- This order will remain in effect for the next 24 hours.
- Several police vehicles were set on fire, several highway buses were damaged by stone throwing, and national road 19 was also blocked.
- To keep the situation under control, Section 144 was also imposed on Palwal.
Oppn is misleading. Agnipath program will provide new opportunities for young people: HP CM Jairam Thakur
Chamba, HP | I welcome PM Modi’s decision on the Agnipath program. The opposition is trying to take this… https://t.co/HhoaDFkkwi
— ANI (@ANI) 1655426702000
Sushil Modi urges Bihar government to prioritize ‘Agniveers’ in state police
- Former Bihar Deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi has urged the Bihar government to make arrangements for the recruitment of Agniveers into the police service.
- After Rajnath Singh announced the Agnipath scheme a few days ago, BJP-ruled states offered to give preferences to its beneficiaries in the state police.
- The Union Home Secretary has also promised to welcome them into paramilitary forces, but the other non-BJP ruled states have so far given no such assurance.
Amarinder Singh suggests reviewing plan, says 4-year service is too short for a soldier
- Former Punjab CM captain Amarinder Singh has suggested reviewing the ‘Agnipath’ scheme for defense force recruitment saying ‘it will dilute the distinct ethos of the regiments which has been around for a long time’.
- Captain Amarinder Singh, a former soldier, said “four years’ service is too short for a soldier.”
- He wondered why the Indian government had to make such drastic changes to the recruitment policy, which has worked so well for the country for so many years.
- “Engaging soldiers for four years, with an effective service of three years, is not at all a good idea militarily,” he pointed out.
Government raises upper age limit for recruitment to 23
- As the violence escalated, the government raised the upper age limit from 21 to 23 for recruitment under the scheme for the year 2022, without referring to the turmoil.
- As violent protests against the new Agnipath recruiting program raged in several states, the government issued a clarification, saying the new model will not only bring new capabilities to the armed forces.
- The government said it will also open up opportunities for young people in the private sector and help them become entrepreneurs through the financial package they will receive on retirement.